Friday, February 10, 2012

Kyushoku

Kyushoku is the Japanese word for School Lunch. Every day I am feed a well balanced lunch, though sometimes it can be a bit heavy on the carbs. Each school lunch contains anywhere from 600 - 750 calories. So, it can be pretty calorific. However....its SO much better than what the kids in the states eat. Not only that, but often times when I don't want to eat something on my plate the kids usually tell me that I have to eat it weather I like it or not. Also although kids have a difficultly when I ask them what kind of snack they like, they can always answer what kind of fruit they like. I think our kids could learn something from them.

Anyways, this is a week of Kyushoku. It changes every week so its never quite the same. But Mon, Wes, Fri tend to be rice days. Tues, and Thurs tend to be noodles or bread.

MONDAY:



"Rice, a form of seaweed, and kimichi pork soup"

TUESDAY:


"Udon Pork soup, strawberry yogurt and a meat/potato filled coroke ball."

WEDNESDAY:

"Udon, Rice, Hijiki"

THURSDAY:

"Spaghetti, Bread, custard pudding"

FRIDAY:

"Rice, Chinese soup, and gyoza"

1 comment: